UND School of Law Building Addition and Renovation: Building For North Dakota's Legal Future
The 2013 North Dakota State Legislature and Governor Jack Dalrymple made an historic commitment to the legal future of North Dakota by supporting an $11.4 million appropriation to the University of North Dakota for an addition to and renovation of North Dakota's only School of Law. This marks only the second major renovation/addition project associated with the Law School in its more than 100 years of existence. After beginning in downtown Grand Forks, the law school moved to its current building which was constructed in 1923. The only major upgrade in ninety years is the addition of the law library in 1973. While our beautiful old building represents the legacy of generations of North Dakota lawyers, the commitment the legislature has made to the School of Law will secure the future of legal education in North Dakota for generations to come.
Please check back on this site as we progress through the process of the building addition/renovation. All of the current news, photos and information will be available here.
January 28, 2014 - Building Project Update - Library Collection
January 23, 2014 - Law Building Project Update - January 23, 2014
December 3, 2013 - Architects on Campus to Begin "Real Time" Design Drawings
December 3, 2013 - Grand Forks Herald Article - Architect presentation
November 27, 2013 - Schedule Announced for Architect Visit - Dec. 3-5
November 22, 2013 - Public Town Hall meeting set for December 3, 2013
November 5, 2013 - View the PowerPoint presentation from Architect Visit - Oct 22-23