Meeting with Consultant for Dean Search Committee, February 11, 2011
TO THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF LAW:
The search firm of Academic Search, Inc., represented by Professor Peter Ruger, has been retained to work with the UND School of Law search and screening committee. The first business of the search firm is to meet with the School of Law community to receive comments and ask questions that will assist Professor Ruger with the task of seeking the best candidates for the Dean of the School of Law position.
Consultant Peter Ruger will be in Grand Forks to meet with several groups on Friday, February 11, 2011. The following schedule has been developed to facilitate discussion with faculty, staff and students.
Friday, February 11, 2011
10:15 - 11:00 a.m., Meeting with all students, Classroom 211
12:30 - 2:00 p.m.. Meeting with all faculty Conference Room 109
2:15 - 3:15 p.m., Meeting with all staff, Conference Room 109
You are encouraged to participate; your input is invaluable to the search process and for informing the consultant and the search committee. The consultant will be looking for conversation and answers to such questions as:
1. What are the qualities and characteristics you are looking for in your dean?
2. What changes could a dean institute that would be welcome? Unwelcome?
3. Why should someone be a candidate for this position?
4. What are the strengths of the School of Law? What are its weaknesses?
5. Are the strengths and weaknesses the same for both the School of Law and the University?
6. Would you consider candidates from outside of the “law world”? If so, what qualifications are needed for a candidate to be considered?
Again, your participation is strongly encouraged and appreciated. If you have any questions, please email Linda Hurst Torgerson at firstname.lastname@example.org – or phone office 795-8403; home 772-2141; cell 701-330-1523.