Office Position Descriptions
In order to help promote and facilitate the goals of the Law Women’s Caucus, 5 members
are selected annually in order to serve as board members.
The Law Women’s Caucus board works together to make LWC a successful student organization both in the Law School and throughout the UND campus. To achieve this, each board position performs certain duties in order to ensure the LWC organization operates effectively and efficiently, and in turn better serves our members, the Law School, and Grand Forks community.
Please feel free to look through the following positions in order to gain a better understanding of what each board member brings to the LWC.
The president is the leader of the LWC student organization and takes care of the day-to-day responsibilities for LWC. The president is in charge of:
- Submitting the Officer Roster Card to the Assistant Program Director for Student Involvement at the beginning of each semester to ensure that the LWC Board member roster is kept up-to-date;
- Organizing and holding bi-monthly meetings with the LWC board members and advisor, and monthly meetings with the LWC student members; and
- Submitting scholarship award applications for review (when appropriate).
The vice president is the right-hand to the president. If the president is unable to perform any and/or all of the presidential duties, the vice president is charged with making sure those presidential duties are fulfilled. In addition, the vice president is responsible for:
- Organizing the annual fall event that is hosted by LWC each year (for more information on the fall event, please see our “Events” tab);
- Providing assistance (as needed) to the Helen Hamilton Day Coordinator in the planning of Helen Hamilton Day speakers and events;
- Organizing and supervising LWC board member elections each year.
The treasurer is responsible for all of the LWC finances. The treasurer is in charge of:
- Keeping, updating, and reporting the financial records for LWC;
- Ensuring that the financial records are up-to-date and correct for the annual audit that is performed at the end of the spring semester each year by the Student Involvement office;
- Communicating with the student involvement office (and any other UND department that may be involved) to resolve any and all problems with the finances of LWC (should there be any problems with the financial records and/or end-of-the-year audit);
- Collecting all LWC membership dues, making all deposits into the LWC campus account, and paying any/all LWC bills; and
- Guiding/assisting the application process for any financial resources LWC may seek (such as SOFA funding).
The secretary is in charge of booking rooms for the LWC board member meetings and monthly LWC general meetings. The secretary is also responsible for:
- Informing LWC members of the monthly meeting date, time and location, which includes informing Pam Henderson in the Student Life office of the monthly meetings date, time and location so that such information can be posted on the Law School’s calendar and the digital display boards throughout the law school;
- Taking attendance and minutes for all LWC general meetings, and providing copies of each to any LWC member upon request; and
- Organizing the membership drive each semester/year, as well as arranging the group picture of the LWC board for the webpage.
Helen Hamilton Day Coordinator:
The Helen Hamilton Day (HHD) Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and arranging LWC’s spring event to honor the first woman to graduate from the University of North Dakota School of Law: Helen Hamilton Day. The HHD coordinator’s duties include:
- Booking the locations, choosing meal/beverage options, and selecting/contacting guest speakers for both the banquet and panels;
- Relaying the date, time, and location of the HHD events to the Law School and surrounding community in general; and
- Obtaining CLE information and credit for the HHD panel events.