To access our resources from off campus, start on our homepage to navigate to databases, articles, or other resources. You will be prompted to login with your UND username (usually firstname.lastname) and password.
Note: You are unable to use a VPN while accessing resources through the library.
When clicked, this bookmarklet attempts to use the library’s proxy server to view whatever page you are looking at. Not all will work, but it is a handy way of checking whether we have a subscription to a database you've found through a general Internet search.
How to Install
- Enable your browser's bookmarks toolbar (if it isn't already on).
- Chrome: Press Control + Shift + B
- Firefox: Right click the tab bar (not on a tab) and pick “Bookmarks Toolbar”
- Internet Explorer/Edge: Open the browser settings. In the General section, turn on the “Show the favorites bar” setting.
- Safari: Press Command + Shift + B (or, on Windows, Control + Shift + B).
How to Use
Click the bookmark to try accessing any page you’re looking at through the library’s proxy server.
If you get a “Host Unknown” error after logging in, that usually means that we don’t have a license for that content. Under some circumstances it could be a malfunction. Contact Tammy Pettinato Oltz or Katie Lynn for further assistance.