Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees for the school year are listed below. The semester fees include a law school professional fee, student activity fee and University fees for general benefits available to students, such as student health services, wellness center, drama, athletic events and campus publications.
|North Dakota Resident||Minnesota Resident||Contiguous Resident||Non-Resident|
|Cost Per Credit||$321||$482||$482||$857|
|Mandatory Fees Per Credit||$62||$62||$62||$62|
|Law Program Fees Per Credit||$53||$53||$53||$53|
|Total Per Credit||$436||$597||$597||$972|
- Law tuition is billed per credit with no cap. Law program fees are capped at 15 credits or $1,600 per academic year. Mandatory fees are billed $62 per credit, capped at 12 credits.
- Rates: Based on the 2018-19 tuition rates in U.S. dollars. Rates do not include personal, flight costs/aviation, study abroad, music lessons, marching band or student teaching expenses. Tuition and fees are subject to change for the 2019-20 academic year.
- On-Campus Students: Tuition and fees will be capped at 12 credits per semester. Semester-based online courses are included in the 12-credit tuition cap and will be billed based on your residency rate.
- Online Programs: Tuition is charged per credit regardless of residency. Online tuition is not capped at 12 credits per semester, however, an online student's mandatory fees are capped at 12 credits per semester.
- Questions: If you have questions about your tuition rate, email tuition@UND.edu.
Educational expenses include those costs recognized as being necessary for a student to pursue an education. The following table gives an estimate of those expenses for the school year.
Additional Costs for all students
|Books & Supplies||$1,000|
|Room & Board||$8,600|
Active Duty Military, Veterans & Dependents
Active Duty Military
All active duty military members using federal Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits are eligible for a tuition rate of $250 per credit for undergraduate courses and programs. The tuition rate will be billed at the program’s rate and will be adjusted to the active duty military rate after the student submits the Tuition Assistance Form each semester.
The active duty military rate is not valid for any Aerospace, Engineering, Graduate, Law and Medical Programs or self-paced, enroll anytime online courses. However, all active duty enrolled in these programs/courses will receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate. Students can still use their TA benefits by submitting their TA forms to One-Stop Student Services. We also encourage students to apply for other scholarships.
Veterans & Dependents
Regardless of actual residency status, the following qualify for the North Dakota in-state tuition rate for on-campus and online programs:
- North Dakota National Guard Members
- Members of Armed Forces Reserve component stations in North Dakota
- Dependents (spouses/children) of the above
UND-contracted ROTC cadets also receive in-state tuition rates.