Email 11: June 16, 2021
Hello incoming 1L’s –
I hope you are all doing well. We are 60 days away from you joining at the School of Law for the start of Orientation Week!
For this week –
- Booklist (version 2) Attachment – Please see the attached booklist which has been updated from last week. There was incorrect information regarding one of the orientation books (Bar Exam Success). Please use this updated document to purchase books. If you already purchased the 2019 Bar Exam Success book, I am waiting for a response of whether or not that edition would be suitable.
- Please continue to reach out to me or Karmen Otto, Faculty Administrative Assistant, with any questions.
- Karmen.firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 777-2961
- Orientation Reading: clarification from last week’s email – There is only one book that must be read before Orientation Week – Roadmap: The Law Student’s Guide to Meaningful Employment. In the email last week, I gave the impression all 3 must be read and that is not correct.
- Technology Requirements (found here - https://law.und.edu/students/tech-requirements.html) – Requirements were recently updated as of last week with some minor changes. Please
make sure your technology will meet the requirements.
- Immunizations (attachment) – Immunizations are required of all UND students and we encourage you to submit your
records before the start of law school in August. The required immunizations can be
found on the Student Health Services page and may be submitted electronically through
the student health portal. The portal uses the same login information as Campus Connection
(i.e. NDUS.Identifier and password).
- Law School Unmasked (attachment) – LSAC is offering Law School Unmasked, a series of lectures and panel discussions focusing on topics essential for law
school success, which starts June 22nd through July 8th. If you are a LSAC LawHub Official LSAT Prep Plus subscriber, you are able to register
for free. If you are not a Prep Plus subscriber, it appears as though you can upgrade
your account for $99 to enjoy the benefits of this program. Please see the attached
email for more information and access the LSAC LawHub here - https://www.lsac.org/lsat/prep/lawhub
- Orientation Week Questions – I have had a couple questions about orientation week so wanted to check in with all of you so you can plan accordingly. Orientation week is still being planned so we do not have a finalized schedule yet. Here is what I do know:
- Sunday, August 15th will be the first evening of orientation with a convocation & pinning ceremony. In previous years, this started around 5:00 PM.
- Monday, August 16th – Thursday, August 19th will consist of various sessions providing important campus information or topics for law school. These sessions may be led by staff, faculty or 2L & 3L orientation leaders. Sessions are typically held during regular business hours. In the past, optional evening social events have been organized (not by staff and faculty) so I don’t have any more details to offer about those.
- If you are moving to Grand Forks or the area, you will want to be here before the evening of August 15th.
Any questions, please let us know.
Director of Admissions
University of North Dakota School of Law
School of Law, Room 140F
215 Centennial Drive, Stop 9003
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9003
P: 701.777.2260 - F: 701.777.3895