Email 2: April 14, 2021
Hello Class of 2024,
This is email #2 – if you did not receive email #1, please let me know. Weekly emails will come from the School of Law sharing information to prepare for joining us in August – and we are definitely looking forward to it!
It’s very common for incoming students to have questions regarding housing and financial aid.
- Housing - A document has been attached in this email. The links should be accessible to you, but please let me know if you cannot. The off-campus options are apartment options that current and past students have resided in and spoke positively of them. The School of Law has no connections to these properties and is sharing for informational purposes only.
- Financial Aid - Law students are eligible for unsubsidized loans, graduate loans, and private loans by completing the FAFSA. After submitting this application, UND’s financial aid department will send you an award letter indicating the funds that are available for you to apply towards tuition and fees. Completing the FAFSA early ensures you can accept aid, complete your master promissory note and entrance loan counseling before payment of tuition and fees is needed. Keep in mind, you do not have to accept any aid that you do not need. If you have questions about financial aid, contact the Office of Student Life or Office of Student Financial Aid (701-777-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org). A sample award letter has been attached in this email to help you locate financial aid information on Campus Connection.
- If you’ve completed your FAFSA and have not received an award letter, please follow the “Claim your account” steps to receive your NDUS.Identifier, create a password, and access your student Campus Connection portal. If you already have a NDUS.Identifier, you may access your award letter through Campus Connection.
- Claim Your Account (video attached for help) - If you are a new student to the North Dakota University System, you will need to “claim your account” to receive your NDUS.Identifier and create a password. Once you claim your account, you do not have to do this again, so if you already have a NDUS.Identifier username and password, you can skip this step! Remember to keep your NDUS.Identifier and password as you will use it daily to access Camps Connection (student portal), UND email, and more!
- To claim your account, you will need your Student ID (also referred to as your EMPLID). If you do not know your Student ID/EMPLID, click HERE. If you are unable to retrieve your ID, please let me know.
- Claim Account - https://campus.und.edu/campus-services/uit/ndus.html - Under Quick Links, find “Claim Your Account”. (Note - This page also has step-by-step instructions too!!)
- Watch the short video clip from Chancellor Mark Hagerott (approximately 30 seconds). The page will refresh to a new screen to enter your EMPLID and birthdate.
- Complete the rest of the steps to receive NDUS.Identifier and create password.
- The NDUS Help Desk is an awesome resource if you need any help (1-866-457-6387 or NDUS.HelpDesk@NDUS.edu)
- Campus Connection Website - https://studentadmin.connectnd.us/psp/NDCSPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/?cmd=login - This page will be used to register for classes (information will be sent in June), view financial information and pay bill, view academic records, etc.
Director of Admissions
University of North Dakota School of Law
School of Law, Room 140F
215 Centennial Drive, Stop 9003
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9003
P: 701.777.2260 - F: 701.777.3895