Class of 2023 - Week 15 email
Hello Class of 2023,
I hope everyone has been having an enjoyable summer so far – I know I have been loving the warm temps here in North Dakota. After the 4th of July, I always feel like summer begins to wind down, even though I know there are still several weeks left before that happens.
These email is filled with some reminders and updates.
- Official Transcripts – Just a reminder, if you haven’t already, be sure to request your final transcript to be sent to UND Law either by mail or electronically to Laureen or me (firstname.lastname@example.org or Aleisha.email@example.com). I have been notifying students by email when we have received them.
- Immunizations - Immunizations are required of all UND students and we encourage you to submit your records before the start of law school in August. The required immunizations can be found on the Student Health Services page and may be submitted electronically through the student health portal or by filling out the attached form and sending to Student Health Services.
- Planning to change driver’s license to establish ND residency upon moving here? – Be sure to schedule an appointment with the DMV (see 2nd attachment for DMV info).
- Parking permits go on sale Wednesday, July 15th – Click here to access the parking portal and review parking permit options. Permits are available for purchase as early as next Wednesday (7/15).
- Canadian/International students – if you haven’t completed your Certificate of Finances (separate email was sent out from Laureen Johnson), please be sure to complete the form and return with a copy of your passport to ensure that your I-20 paperwork can be processed by the International Center. If you need that information resent to you, please let us know and we will email it.
- Due to the changes made in the schedule for the fall term, registration information for Lawyering Skills is not available yet. As soon as sections for all courses are finalized, I will send the information in a separate email.
- Awards/Aid – Often financial awards are not credited to accounts until August. As we get closer to Orientation week, if you feel like an financial award should be posted to your account and isn’t, please let us know.
Final thoughts, as we get closer to the start of the term, I know there are lots of feelings occurring among us. Starting a new journey can offer moments of excitement, nervousness, eagerness, uncertainty, and so many more feelings….the current pandemic is most likely creating a whole new set of feelings for many of us. Please know the UND Law faculty and staff are being very mindful of these feelings as final decisions are being made and ensuring we are being as transparent with information as possible. Please let us know if you need anything during this time.