Class of 2023 - Week 18 email
Happy Wednesday incoming 1L students,
I hope this email finds you all doing well, safe and ready for August. We are officially 17 days away from the Convocation on August 16th and 25 days away from your first day of law classes!
This email has lots of information so please read through it carefully. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us and we can help!
1. Orientation Schedule (attachment) – the Orientation schedule for the week of August 16th – August 20th is attached. A couple items to note:
- All incoming 1L’s will attend orientation week sessions with the same groups as their course section number when section numbers are indicated on the schedule. Sections 1 & 2 are primarily in the morning; sections 3 & 4 are primarily in the afternoon.
- International students only – On Monday, August 17th, if you are in sections 1 or 2, you will miss the Student Life and Wellness sessions while attending the International Center presentation, we ask that you virtually “attend” the afternoon sessions via zoom.
- The two panels listed as TBD under Thursday, August 20th may be held on a different day. Information about these sessions will be made available once they have been scheduled and finalized.
2. Book Update – Law 160 – the following book,The Bluebook: Uniform System of Citation, 21st Ed (2020),is currently not in stock at the UND Bookstore as they are waiting for the shipment. It may take up to 5 weeks for them to receive it. [A huge THANK YOU to the student who shared this information with me!!]
3. Parking Permits are available. Please see attached email from UND Transportation/Parking for information about permits.
4. FYI - UND President Armacost and other UND leaders will be hosting a University student/parent town hall on Wednesday, August 12thto answer questions from students (incoming/returning) and any parents as they prepare for the start of the Fall term. Details of sessions are still being developed but information will be shared (including the zoom link) as soon as it is made available.
5. If you haven’t done so, please remember to send a final, official transcript to the law school, either by mail or electronically.
6. Please be sure you are registered for all 5 courses for the Fall term. Course enrollments determine your tuition and we want to ensure you receive grades for the courses you are supposed to be in! You can view your course enrollments on Campus Connection.
Take care and enjoy the rest of your July!!