Class of 2023 - Week 5
Hello Class of 2023 –
I hope everyone is doing well! I hope there has been plenty of warm weather and sunshine wherever you are located to make the days a little brighter! We have entered finals week at UND Law, so we are getting closer to the summer months which means the fall term is quickly approaching.
- UND Law Class of 2023 page is HERE! If you are new to receiving weekly emails, you can access prior information on this page. Please bookmark it as you can’t find it by searching our webpage. A couple of the prior emails are not posted yet, but I have asked for those to be posted soon (for reference – this is week 5).
- The Fall 2020 Term – We have received lots of questions about the fall term as many are wondering if we will be on campus for classes, how will you be impacted for moving to Grand Forks/North Dakota, etc. At this time, we are planning to be on campus for course instruction and work. We hope to be welcoming you during Orientation Week just as we would any other year. Please know that the University is monitoring COVID-19 closely and following guidelines and recommendations from the CDC. As a campus, the safety of all student, staff and faculty is of highest priority, so decisions about operations may change as information is gathered. If the School of Law receives information from the University about the fall term, we will communicate it with you, as a 1L student, as soon as possible. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us so we can address them with you. Please know that even though we are working remotely, the university remains operational so we are all “here” for you.
- Official Transcripts – UND School of Law needs to have an official transcript showing your awarded undergraduate degree before classes start this fall. Even though your transcript was sent to LSAC for admissions, the ABA requires that we have an original, official transcript in your file at UND. Please request a transcript to be sent directly to the attention of Admissions at: UND School of Law, 215 Centennial Drive, Stop 9003, Grand Forks, ND 58202.
- 1L Make Up Class – A couple weeks ago, I sent out the DRAFT schedules for both Fall and Spring terms for your first year of law school. Questions have been asked to clarify what the 1L Make Up Class is – if a class needs to be canceled for any reason, the time is available for a faculty member to hold a make-up class. The ABA requires law students to have so many class minutes per credit for a course, so we provide a protected space to make up those minutes, if necessary. We ask students to protect that time in case it is needed; however, it may not be needed each week.
- UND Law-Class of 2023 Facebook Page – There is now a Facebook page created for you! I encourage you all to request to join as it will allow you to connect with your classmates before we come together this Fall - https://www.facebook.com/groups/243711433588949
That’s a lot of information but we want to remain as connected to you as possible!! If you have any questions, please let us know.