29th National NALSA Moot Court Competition
Registration and Competition Information
The National Native American Law Students Association (NNALSA), in partnership with the University of North Dakota, UND NALSA Chapter, are excited to host the 29th Annual NNALSA Moot Court Competition in a virtual format.
- 2021 NNALSA Moot Court Rules (amended 2/10/21)
- Amended Competition Rules (added 2/10/21)
- NNALSA 2021 Problem (updated 11/6/20)
- 2021 NNALSA Moot Court Schedule (updated 2/20/21)
- Competition Brochure
- Virtual Tribal Flag Ceremony Flyer
- NNALSA Moot Court Grievance Form
To be eligible to participate in the NNALSA 2021 Moot Court Competition, teams must register, submit a brief that conforms to the NNALSA Moot Court Rules, pay a $250 registration fee, and verify their submission of membership dues. All deadlines are in CST.
Team Registration Opens: November 13, 2020
Team Registration Deadline: December 4, 2020
- Each team must complete an online registration form, pay the registration fee of $250 per team, and upload letter(s) as stated in NNALSA Moot Court Rule 4.2 or 4.3. Please note the 72 team cap and 4 team per school cap when registering.
- Competitors will receive their team number once they complete the registration process.
Deadline for Submission Verifying Payment of Membership Dues: December 4, 2020
- In accordance with NNALSA Moot Court Rule 4.2, each competitor must submit documents that verify (1) the individual’s local chapter has submitted its dues, (2) the individual has submitted NNALSA Individual Membership dues, and (3) the individual has submitted the local chapter individual membership dues. Competitors may submit all documentation to the NNALSA Moot Court Administrator at email@example.com. Please include your team number in the subject line of the email. NNALSA membership and local chapter dues can be paid here - https://www.joinit.org/o/nationalnalsa
Brief Submission Deadline: January 4, 2021
- Each team must submit its brief online in PDF format as set forth in NNALSA Moot Court Rule 13.6(c). A team may not revise its brief after submission to the competition. Competitors may submit briefs here. *Do not submit a brief until your team has been assigned a team number. To maintain confidentiality, do not include your name or school in your brief.
Deadline to Withdraw from Competition Without Penalty: December 3, 2020
For Questions or Additional Information
Contact the 2021 Moot Court Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org